A combination of some products can make some unbelievably delicate dishes. For one, we liked the sauce made with mussels, zucchini and air-dried San Marzano tomatoes. In this recipe is also used fresh and very sweet cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients for Sauce with Mussels
- 2.2 lb mussels in shells
- 1 zucchini
- 4 air-dried tomatoes
- 0.4 lb fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3.4 oz or half a glass white wine
- parsley,olive oil
Recipe for Sauce with Mussels
- Put fresh mussels into a pan without water, cover and put on medium heat. When the mussels have opened up, take them out. Drain the juice that has oozed out into a cup, it will come in useful for the sauce. If you already bought the opened mussels frozen in a package, then simply pour the juice into a cup and strain.
- Chop garlic finely and fry on olive oil.
- Add chopped zucchini.
- In a couple of minutes add air-dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes, pour in wine and mussel juice. When some of the liquid has evaporated, add fresh tomatoes cut into quarters and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- After that add mussel flesh and simmer for some 4 minutes more.
- You can serve the sauce with bruschetta, or it goes well with any kind of paste.