This tasty small fish comes out crunchy and flavorful if you soak it in egg with curry, roll in flour and fry on olive oil. This way of cooking is called indorate, or golden, in Italy. The fish acquires a golden hue and tastes delicious.
Ingredients for Fried Sardines
- 1.3 lb sardines
- 1 teaspoonful curry powder
- an egg
- flour for coating
- olive oil for frying
Recipe for Fried Sardines
- Gut fishes, cut off heads and take out spines and ribs, making fillets. Don’t take away the skin.
- Beat an egg with curry and salt with a fork.
- Dip every fillet into the egg then roll it around in flour.
- Fry in olive oil first on the skin side, then turn over