This is an excellent appetizer for those who like delicious and offbeat food – small sandwiches – Canapes with mushrooms, made from eggs and tomatoes. If you make these nicely decorated canapes, even a kid who refuses to eat won’t reject them. The amount of ingredients depends on how many people will eat it.
Ingredients for Canape with Quail eggs, Cheese and Tomatoes
- 8 quail eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 thin slices of cheese Emmental or Dutch cheese
- 4 small pieces of bread
- parsley, celery, olive oil, salt
Recipe for Canape with Quail eggs
- Boil eggs hard, place them in cold water for 5 minutes and shell them.
- Halve tomatoes. Their upper halves will be mushroom caps, so scoop the pulp out of them.
- Chop the pulp and the lower tomato halves and simmer the mass with 2 spoons of olive oil and finely chopped celery leaves. Simmer the sauce until it gets thick.
- Dry pieces of bread in the toaster and spread the sauce over the pieces.
- Put slices of cheese on the sauce, then two eggs on each. Cut off the eggs’ bottoms so they can stand upright.
- Place the scooped-out tomato halves atop the eggs. Put white yoghurt spots on them with a toothpick.
- Decorate with parsley and serve.