Squid and sweet pepper salad is a marriage of taste and health benefits. It would be even greater, if you dressed this salad with homemade olive mayonnaise which you can make using this recipe – Homemade Mayonnaise. Squid have low-fat, dietary flesh. They are a good source of iodine that is far healthier than processed iodinated products. That’s because iodine in seafood destroys not so fast as in artificially iodinated salt, for example. Iodine is essential to support the function of thyroid gland and to stimulate brain activity. 50-60 g of seafood provides required daily intake of iodine. So it is wise to include more seafood into your diet.
Ingredients for Squid and Sweet Pepper Salad
- 1 lb (500 g) squid rings
- 4 sweet peppers
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 onion
- 100 g olives
- 6 tablespoons olive mayo
- Dip squid rings into a pot of salted water at a rolling boil for a few minutes.
- Drain water. Chop squid finely, leaving some rings whole for garnishing.
- Dice sweet peppers, and make a few slices for garnishing.
- Dice green onion and bulb onion finely.
- In a bowl, combine chopped squid, sweet pepper and onion. Add salt to taste and dress with mayo.
- Garnish with sweet pepper slices, squid rings and olives.
- Serve in a salad bowl or in portions.