Pancakes made from squashes, or zucchini as Italians call them, are of a very tender texture. Squashes have long become a common item in a diet of all health-conscious people. This is because they are low on calories but yet filling. Squashes are abundant in potassium, natrium and vitamins. Squash dishes are simple to cook. We post here our favorite squash pancakes recipe. In this recipe, garlic and our option of greens give it a special zest so basically plain squashes acquire unexpectedly delicate flavor. You can serve such pancakes to kids, too, as they don’t have hot spices.
Ingredients for Squash Pancakes
- 2 squashes or zucchini
- 2-3 eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons flour
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Parsley, basil, mint, a few leaves each
- Olive oil
- Coarsely grate squashes and garlic.
- Shred the greens and combine them with grated squashes and garlic.
- Then, break in the eggs, add salt and flour. Mix everything well and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Now pour olive oil in a frying pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Put spoonfuls of the squash mixture into the pan and fry pancakes for 3-4 minutes on both sides until brown over medium heat. Serve hot, optionally with sour cream.