Capers and olives are very healthy and highly nutritive foods. Paired, they create just incompatible taste. This paste featuring black and green olives, almond and cashew nuts tastes rich and nice. It will add a new fresh note and enrich your menu. The taste of this paste is very pleasant. Use it as a spread for crackers or a stuffing for profiterole. You can also make great burgers with it: put lettuce leaf on a toasted thin bread slice, spread this paste over and top with cherry tomato slices.
Ingredients for Olive, Capers and Almond Paste
- 3 tablespoon capers
- Pitted black and green olives, 100 g each sort
- 100 g almond
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 3-4 parsley stalks
- 100 g olive oil
- If you have salted capers, rinse them from salt and soak in cold water for an hour, then remove and squeeze slightly.
- Get unsalted almond and cashew.
- In a blender, put nuts, olives and capers little by little, crushing everything into paste gradually.
- Pour in some olive oil occasionally.
- Add fresh parsley in the end, and keep crushing at medium speed until smooth.
- Transfer the paste into a glass jar and use as needed. You can spread it on toasts or stuff profiterole with it and serve with fresh or pickled vegetables to your taste.