A lot of recipes feature pickled champignons but those available in stores are not very tasty. You can pickle a way tastier and more flavorful champignons at home. These mushrooms go well with fries or boiled potatoes and come with various salads. You can also serve them as a side dish to meat or fish. Our pickled champignons are just delicious.
Ingredients for Pickled Champignons
- 2 lb champignons
- 5-6 bay leaves
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 8-10 whole black peppers
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons 4% apple vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Rinse champignons in running water and scrape stems if needed.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut in half.
- Pour 2 glasses of water into a pot.
- Add the vinegar, bay leaves, pepper and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and sugar and put mushrooms into boiling marinade.
- Boil champignons for about 5 minutes and turn the heat off.
- Transfer mushrooms in a glass jar and pour over with marinade.
- You can serve these mushrooms after an hour.
- They store in a fridge perfectly.