Stewed vegetables are both very wholesome and tasty. This ragout is sure to be appreciated by everybody including those who are not too fond of veggies, since it contains Brussels sprout that tastes delicious when stewed. The dish keeps well in the fridge, so you can prepare more than you can eat at one sitting.
Ingredients for Vegetable Ragout
- Brussels sprouts: 500-600 gr.
- 2-3 Zucchini
- 1-2 Sweet peppers
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1-2 Onions
- Cup tomato puree
- Tomato paste: 1-2 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp
- Parsley: 1 bunch
- Olive oil, salt, black pepper: to taste
Recipe for Vegetable Ragout
- Wash all the vegetables, peel and cut into medium-sized pieces. Cut the heads of Brussels sprout in two.
- Pour some olive oil into the stewing pan to cover the bottom.
- Fry onion with carrot and parsley.
- Add tomatoes, sweet pepper, zucchini and Brussels sprout.
- Pour in a cup of tomato puree, season with Balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper.
- Cover up and stew on low heat for about 20 minutes.