Jerusalem artichokes are also called sunroots. These juicy roots lower blood sugar levels, which makes the plant invaluable. It goes well with carrots and nuts in salads.
Ingredients for Jerusalem Artichoke Salad
- Jerusalem artichokes: 2-3 tuber
- Carrots: 1-2
- A bunch of parsley.
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves.
- A handful of walnuts.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Jerusalem Artichoke Salad
- Toast walnut kernels lightly.
- Chop the parsley and garlic.
- Peel and grate on a large grater carrots and Jerusalem artichokes.
- Combine all the ingredients and season with lemon juice and olive oi, salt and pepper to tastel.
- Mix and serve.