An exquisite cheese omelet is not too difficult to make. You must have high-quality fresh eggs and avoid putting too much butter and oil. A classical omelet is made without flour or milk. It should not be too puffy. A few correct motions, and the sunny, soft and delightful dish is on your plate. Omelet with filling is called frittata in Italy. It is usually cooked over low heat with different fillings. Here are the ingredients for two portions.
Ingredients for Omelet with Cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1.8-2.1 oz any cheese
- 0.7 oz butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper slightly with a fork. Don’t use the mixer; it is the fork that gives the needed consistency to this mixture.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil onto a wide frying pan. Then put a piece of butter and melt over medium heat.
- When oil starts to go bubbly, pour eggs onto the frying pan. As soon as eggs begin to thicken at the bottom mix them slightly with several fast movements so that the liquid part finds its way to the bottom. Turn the heat down. Don’t cover the frying pan.
- Then in about 2 minutes sprinkle the omelet with largely grated cheese, spreading it evenly over the surface.
- Wait for about one minute. When the cheese begins to melt and becomes soft, you’ll need to fold the omelet up in two with a wide spatula so that the cheese is inside the omelet.
- Serve the omelet straight from the kitchen range with fresh herbs, tomatoes and dried bread.