Honey is produced by tiny hard-working creatures – bees. The honey of premium quality comes from drought climate areas because it is richer in healing substances and low in moisture. Honey is very valuable, complex and extremely biologically active natural food product. It mostly consists of glucose and fructose. Honey also provides a great variety of micro- and macro elements and the wide complex of vitamins, about 400 components in total. Exact composition of honey largely depends on the area it is produced and the type of flowers it is gathered from.
Honey as a Rich Source of Energy
Honey is a good source of energy, because 100 g of honey provides 315 kcal. Not for nothing it is considered to be the elixir of youth as latest scientific studies showed that the regular consumption of honey is able to boost the vitality of our body into prolonged life span.
Healing Properties of Honey
Healing properties of honey have been known since ancient times. However, the research into the health benefits of honey is not completed yet. Scientists keep discovering new things about the health effects of this unique food product and constantly find new ways to apply it for medical purposes. For example, new studies say the healing properties of honey increase with age.
Health Benefits of Honey
- It helps against digestive system conditions – ulcers, gastritis, constipation and colitis.
- It is effective in treatment of liver and kidney disorders.
- Honey also helps against cardiovascular problems, blood disorders and anemia.
- It cures the disorders of upper and lower air passages.
- It helps against gynecological conditions – erosions and inflammations.
- It is highly effective against eye disorders.
- Honey normalizes metabolism.
- It improves memory and stimulates brain activity.
- It helps against nervous system disorders –neurasthenia, insomnia, headaches and depression.
- fructose has strong anti-bacterial properties.
Even if honey does not affect viruses directly, it fights them in indirect way by strengthening the immune system.