In Greece they make many different salads with goat Feta cheese besides the traditional one known as the Greek salad. Here is another recipe for a salad which contains large marinated capers – berries, not flower buds, which is rather unusual. They also put lettuce in this salad. We took Romano lettuce because we think it is very juicy and crispy. But you can take any sort of lettuce.
Ingredients for Greek Salad with Capers
- 0.5 lb Feta cheese
- 1 head Romano lettuce
- 0.1 lb marinated capers
- 2-3 tomatoes
- sweet pepper
- 2-3 parsley stalks
- olive oil
- Separate Romano lettuce leaves from each other. Throw away the outer leaves, wash the rest, dry them and tear into large pieces.
- Dice capers into 2-3 slices.
- Slice tomatoes along.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper and cut it into small strips.
- Dice the onion along thinly. Chop the parsley.
- Mix all the products in a big salad bowl carefully, dress the salad with olive oil. If the Feta cheese is very salty you don’t have to salt the salad.
- Spread the salad on plates. Top it with Feta cheese cut into cubes. This salad is eaten immediately upon preparing.