Try our new recipe combining the gifts of the sea and the gifts of the land. Dry white wine and salty mussel water add their own notes to the fabulous and exclusive taste of the dish. Soft potato gnoccetti are well-soaked in the appetizing sauce. The flesh of mussels drives libido and provides proteins, vitamins, phosphorus and iron. Cook this dish for lunch or dinner when your family gathers together.
Ingredients for Gnoccetti with Mussels and Vegetables
- 300 g potato gnoccetti
- 2-2.2 lb unshelled mussels
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 parsley stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 glass dry white wine
- Olive oil
- If you have alive mussels, drop them in a pot of water and heat, stirring, to make them open.
- When all mussels are open, remove and pull out the flesh. Strain leftover water through a fine sieve to use for sauce.
- If you have pre-made mussels, just remove the flesh. Strain water from the package.
- Dice tomatoes and onion finely.
- Chop garlic and parsley finely.
- Dice carrot and zucchini finely.
- Pour olive oil in a deep frying pan, sauté garlic, than add onion and sauté together until golden.
- Add zucchini and carrot and fry slightly, pour in half of mussel water.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, add tomatoes and shredded parsley. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine, cook for 2 minutes and add the rest of mussel water.
- Put gnoccetti into the sauce, cook for 1-2 minutes and add the flesh of mussels.
- Mix everything well and simmer for additional 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn the heat off.
- Serve hot, garnishing each portion with chopped raw carrot and zucchini.