Everyone likes eggplant dishes. Nowadays, there are eggplants without bitter taste available on the market. That is why they don’t require additional treatment. Besides, these vegetables are a pleasure to cook – as well as to eat.
Eggplant dishes are nutritious and tasty at the same time, and they are also light for your stomach. Try our recipe for fried eggplants with parmesan in tomato sauce with red onion. Everyone who wants to live a healthy lifestyle should eat more vegetables.
For example, the Mediterranean diet is rich in vegetables. This is one of the reasons people in these countries are so active and live longer.
This meal can be served both hot, and cold as an appetizer.
Ingredients for Eggplants with Parmesan
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) eggplants
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 bundle of parsley
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Eggplants with Parmesan
- Wash the eggplants and cut them into 0.2-inch thick slices.
- Fry the slices in olive oil on both sides until golden and soft.
- When all the eggplant slices are fried, put them into the dish and add salt to taste.
- Then, shred the onion and sauté it in olive oil.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add finely chopped parsley, mix everything, add salt to taste and turn the heat off. The sauce for the eggplants is ready
- Grate Parmesan and garlic coarsely and mix them. Now put the sauce on the dish, top it with eggplant slices and sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic.