Chicken insides are very healthy as they are source of many nutrients such as folic acid, iron and full proteins. Low-calorie, they make a figure-friendly lunch or dinner. Chicken insides have a good taste, quick to cook and require almost no fuss in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Chicken Insides in Tomato Sauce
- 1 2/3 chicken insides (liver, heart, stomach)
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Basil, a few leaves
- Rinse chicken insides well in running water
- Cut livers and stomachs into 3-4 pieces, half the hearts.
- Peel onion and dice finely. Shred basil leaves.
- Dice tomatoes finely.
- In a saucepan or large thick-bottomed pan, pour in olive oil and sauté onion until soft.
- Add chicken insides and brown them with onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Then stir in chopped tomatoes and basil; add salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.