Baked artichokes are very flavored and tasty.
Garlic, capers and parsley create an amazing aroma bouquet, which saturate bread and artichoke petals pulp. Such dish will surprise your guests.
It is also perfect for a romantic dinner, because, as is known, artichoke is a strong aphrodisiac, which is widely used in erotic cuisine for the improvement of libido before a night of love. Besides, it is a very light, low-calorie meals. It’s simple and fast to prepare.
Ingredients for Baked Artichokes
2 large artichokes,
2 garlic cloves,
25 ml olive oil,
2 twigs of parsley,
Recipe of Baked Artichokes
- Wash artichokes and open the kernel. If there are thorns, remove them.
- Cut off the steam, peel it and put the higher, most juicy part inside the bud.
- Stuff the artichokes with the crumb of the loaf.
- Add garlic, parsley and capers inside, too.
- Pour olive oil over this mixture.
- Add a little salt, if needed, to your taste.
- Place the artichokes on a small deep baking tray.
- Bake at 180-200 C degree for about 20 minutes.
- When the outer leaves become golden brown, the artichokes are ready.
- Artichokes can be eaten both cold and hot.
How to Eat Artichokes
And here is how to eat artichokes. Peel the leaf off one by one and eat the most juicy part of it the following way: place it practically all the way to the hilt in your open mouth. Close mouth, with teeth lightly together on the leaf, and pull the leaf out scraping the soft underside of the leaf off so it stays in your mouth, while the fiber rest of the leaf come out as you pull.