The Recipe for Lemon and Poppy Cake
Try and make this simple cake – you will get a beautiful soft cake with a rich taste and a wonderful lemon flavor. You can’t imagine how delicious it is!
Ingredients for Lemon and Poppy Cake
- Flour: 250 gr.
- Eggs: 3
- Sugar: 150 gr.
- Greek yogurt or sour cream: 150 gr.
- Lemon juice: 50 ml.
- Butter 80 gr.
- Zest from 2 lemons.
- Poppy seeds: 2 tbsp
- Soda: 0.5 tsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt.
- Limoncello Liqueur: 3-4 tbsp
Recipe for Lemon and Poppy Cake
- Heat the oven to 355 degrees.
- Whip up butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemon juice and lemon peel together.
- Take another dish and sift flour and soda, baking powder, salt.
- Mix together the dry and moist ingredients, don’t overdo it, just make sure they are well blended. Mix the dough with poppy.
- Put the dough in a form that has been oiled and sprinkled with dry bread crumbs.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or so long as a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Let the cake cool down in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, then take it out of the form and drizzle with liqueur.
- Mix powder with lemon juice and pour this icing over the cake.
- Let the icing thicken.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint before serving.