The Recipe for Tongues from Eggplants and Squashes with Cheese
You can delight your family a tasty and light dish from eggplants and squashes. Here we have a pleasant and healthy combination of vegetables, herbs and cheese. It will take you but 20-30 minutes for making this dish, and a delicious supper is on the table! Children will enjoy this dish too. It is better to take squashes and eggplants not very big and of the same size; it will be easier to prepare the tongues.
Ingredients for Tongues from Eggplants and Squashes
- 2-3 squashes
- 2-3 eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves
- some basil leaves
- 0.7 lb Emmentaler cheese
- oil for frying as much as necessary
- Wash the eggplants and squashes, trim off stems. Cut them along into thin slices.
- Mash the garlic, chop the basil finely.
- Grate the cheese on a rough grate; mix it with garlic and basil.
- Fry the eggplant and squash slices on both sides in a fair amount of oil.
- Then salt them to taste. Put the squashes on a plate, sprinkle them with the mixture of cheese, garlic and basil, top with the eggplant slices and put cheese on them too.
- Now you can serve the dish with tomatoes, herbs and olives.