Watermelon Sangria is a wonderful refreshing drink with a rosy fragrance. On hot days, it refreshes perfectly, fills with moisture and raises mood.
In France, similar drinks with fruit and alcohol are called hock cup.
Ingredients for Watermelon Sangria
- Liter of dry or semi-sweet white wine (or how much you will need, depends on the size of a watermelon).
- Tea-rose buds (dried or fresh petals), it is important to have roses without pesticides, that is edible.
- Honey or sugar.
Recipe for Watermelon Sangria
- Slice the watermelon, or make balls with a spoon for ice cream. Put it in a large pitcher.
- Pour the wine, add roses. Add sugar to taste. The amount depends on personal preference and the sweetness of the watermelon.
- Leave in the refrigerator for several hours or the whole day.
- Before serving, you can add any champagne or sparkling wine. However, this is optional.
- Serve in glasses with slices of watermelon and roses.