This one is a super-quick recipe! Compared to sour cabbage that takes time to come to, this crispy and very tasty cabbage will be ready in a couple of hours. You can add a pinch of turmeric, curry or saffron for a nicer color.
Ingredients for Marinated Cabbage
- 1 cabbage
- 2 onions
- garlic 2-3 cloves
- bay leaves 2-3
- pinch of curry or saffron
- black and pink pepper, coriander, clove, a few peas of each: to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons grape vinegar 6%
- Salt, sugar: to taste.
The Recipe for Marinated Cabbage
- Chop the cabbage, onions and garlic, then rub it with your hands with a little salt to get juice leaking.
- Pour 2.5 glasses water into a pan, add all spices, grape vinegar, salt, sugar, bring to boil.
- Pour the boiling marinade into the cabbage and stir it well.
- Remove the cabbage into a jar and put it into the fridge. The cabbage will be ready in 2 hours.
- It will go especially well with fried potatoes, mushrooms, meat or sausages. And it could be one of the ingredients of any salad.