This is the traditional way of cooking pork liver in Naples, although it is a popular dish throughout the Italy. You will need a pork Caul fat for this dish. Choose healthy pork liver, which is darkish in color. Liver that has a lighter color is often tough and tastes bitter. The dish requires a great deal of laurel leaves.
Ingredient for Pork Liver Fried in the Caul Fat
- about 1.2 lb pork liver
- Caul Fat.
- 10-15 laurel leaves
Recipe for Pork Liver Fried in the Caul Fat
- Cut liver in slices about an inch thick.
- Put 1 or 2 laurel leaves on each piece depending on its size.
- Wrap each piece in a Caul Fat.
- Fry on medium heat until ready.
- Serve the liver hot. You don’t want it to be too dry, so salt it to taste when it’s already on the plate.