Chicken liver is both dietary and very nourishing food. It is rich in vitamin A and the B vitamins. Chicken liver is very soft and easy to cook. Here is our own recipe. Chicken liver comes out especially tender with carrots and sweet and sour cherry sauce. And nutmeg, karri and pignoli add zest to this dish. All the ingredients create a pleasant and mild taste that marries with chicken liver just perfectly.
Ingredients for Chicken Liver in Cherry Sauce
- 1-1.2lb (500-600g) chicken liver
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pignoli
- Karri, salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g cherry (you can also use frozen cherry)
- Couple of basil leaves
Recipe for Chicken Liver in Cherry Sauce
- Pit cherries and crush in a blender.
- Then boil the cherry paste and squeeze juice through a gauze napkin.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and sauté finely chopped onion until golden.
- Add coarsely diced carrot and pignoli.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add chicken liver and fry for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in cherry juice and salt to taste.
- Season with karri, grated nutmeg and shredded basil.
- Cover and simmer everything over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with basil and cherries.