You will enjoy the delicate and balanced taste of our healthiest and tasty cheese rolls. It requires no fuss in the kitchen. They are so delicious your family or guests will eat them up in mo time. Cheese is a must in the everyday diet because it is a rich source of calcium, essential amino acids and easily digestible proteins. Spinach is rich in iodine, potassium and beta-carotene. Pine nuts are healthy because they stimulate brain activity and the immune system. That’s why our cheese rolls with spinach and pine nuts will bring you not only a lot of pleasure but also a tipple health effect.
Ingredients for Cheese Roll with Spinach and Pine Nut
- 1 bunch of spinach, about 200 g
- 1 lb (500 g) any soft cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons pine nuts
- Several parsley stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wrap the cheese in a plastic bag and tie up the ends to prevent water from coming inside.
- Drop the wrap into a pot of hot water with the ends of the bag sticking out of the pot. Cover.
- While the cheese is melting, prepare the filling.
- Wash and sort out spinach leaves. Trim off the ends of stems and shred.
- Chop garlic and parsley finely.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic, then add parsley, and, in a minute, add all spinach.
- Add salt to taste, two tablespoonfuls of lemon juice, combine, cover and reduce the heat to the minimum. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and keep simmering for additional 1-2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Now remove the cheese from the pot and unwrap.
- Roll out the cheese like dough.
- Roll quickly until the cheese is still warm and elastic.
- Put warm filling on the cheese disk and spread evenly.
- Roll up and transfer in a fridge.
- When the roll is cooled, cut it nicely and serve, garnishing with any greens or veggies.
- Cooled roll is easy to cut without crumbling.