Endive leaves stuffed with tiger shrimp is a lip-smacking cold appetizer specialty. Tiger shrimp rank high on the list of seafood delicacies. Crispy and slightly bitter endive leaves give them a zing. And mayonnaise gives the appetizer a sourish flavor. What’s more, endive and shrimp are very healthy food rich in vitamins and minerals.Try this simple seafood appetizer recipe!
Ingredients for Endive Stuffed with Tiger Shrimp
1-2 endive heads
2 lb (1 kg) shell tiger shrimp
½ cup (150 g) mayonnaise
2-3 parsley stalks
Recipe of Endive Stuffed with Tiger Shrimp
- Wash shrimp and grill on both sides for 1-2 minutes.
- Thread a bunch of shrimp on skewers to ensure they don’t coil when grilled. It is easier to stuff endive leaves with whole shrimp. Grill some shrimp without threading them on skewers and use these for garnishing.
- Remove heads, shells and legs from grilled skewered shrimp.
- Trip the base of endive head and carefully separate leaves.
- Arrange endive leaves on a plate.
- Sprinkle the bottom of each leaf with some salt and coat with mayonnaise.
- Fill endive leaves with cleaned shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and shell shrimp.
- Your cold appetizer with endive leaves and shrimp is done.