Sometimes you will want to enjoy a rich and high calorie pizza.
Try this popular Italian recipe for pizza al prosciutto (prosciutto ham).
All the ingredients go well in this pizza, which creates a wonderful taste.
Prosciutto is a dry-cured ham. The process of making prosciutto is the following: raw ham is salted and hung in an airy place where the ham ages for 8-14 month.
Prosciutto is usually sliced very thin and it has a superior, deep and spicy taste. 100 g of Prosciutto supplies from 150 to 500 cal (depending on sort) and contains 21-26 g proteins.
For this recipe, we use the prosciutto with low salt and fat content.
Ingredients for Pizza with Prosciutto Ham: Dough
1-2 cups (about 300 g) high grade flour
15-20 g yeast
Salt to taste
½ cup (120-150 ml) water
Ingredients for Pizza with Prosciutto Ham: Filling
200-250 g tomatoes
100-150 g mozzarella
100-150 g Prosciutto ham
Olive oil to taste
A couple of basil leaves
Oregano, salt to taste
Recipe of Pizza with Prosciutto Ham
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add salt to taste.
- Make dough, stirring in flour steadily.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Shape the dough into a ball, put in a bowl and cover with kitchen towel.
- Let rise for at least 1-2 hour.
- Then take the dough, punch down and roll out a thin circle.
- Crimp the edges of the dough to form a rim to enclose the topping.
- Preheat oven to 420-480 F (220-250 C).
- Top the dough with finely diced tomatoes, pour olive oil over and sprinkle with oregano.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet (preferably baking stone).
- Then bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, put mozzarella slices on top and add salt to taste.
- Place in the oven again. As mozzarella starts melting, pizza is done.
- Remove from the oven, put prosciutto slices and basil leaves on top.