Low-fat veal heart is high in proteins and contains iron, zinc, a lot of vitamin B3, or vitamin PP.
This vitamin regulates the nervous system and improves metabolism of our body, especially liver metabolism.
Lack of vitamin B3 causes dysfunction of many organs, so this tasty veal heart recipe will help you stay healthy.
Onion and garlic are also rich in vitamins and give a wonderful odor to this dish.
Ingredients for Veal Heart with Light Sauce
400 g veal heart
250 g grated tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
3 parsley stalks
3 g oregano
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons (50 g) extra-virgin olive oil
Recipe of Veal Heart with Light Sauce
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Pour oil in a deep frying pan and heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until golden.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Cook everything together over low heat for 1 minute.
- Then add grated tomatoes, oregano and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then put slices of veal heart in this sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then mix everything well and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Now arrange veal heart slices on a serving plate, pour the sauce over and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve this dish hot.