Fish and smoked pancetta come together in this dish with an interesting blend of tastes. We enjoyed the result immensely and decided to share the recipe with you at once. If you fail to find this kind of fish, take some other fish instead, but it must have a sweetish taste like that of the Gurnard.
Ingredients for Gurnard with Potato and Pancetta
- 3-4 Gurnard
- 0.4 lb pancetta or bacon
- 0.6 lb tomatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 3 onions
- 0.2 pt or half a glass white wine
- 0.2 pt or half a glass water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Recipe for Gurnard with Potato
- Cut pancetta finely. Pour some oil into a frying pan, put pancetta in and fry on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes cut into cubes. Fry for about 5 minutes, then take the potato out.
- Put cleaned fish into the frying pan, pour in white wine and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- After that put in tomatoes.
- And in 2 more minutes – potato.
- Add half a glass of water, basil, salt, pepper. Simmer covered on low heat for about 30 minutes.