The bottom part of artichokes is used in this recipe, the part that is regarded as the tastiest and tenderest. The bottoms are concave, the very thing for stuffing. Tuna and olives went quite well. The dish makes a fine snack or entre.
Ingredients for Artichokes Stuffed with Tuna
- Artichoke bottoms: 1 kg.
- 1 Can of tuna in oil.
- A handful of olives.
- Couple cloves of garlic.
- Couple sprigs of parsley.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Bread crumbs: 1-2 tbsp
Recipe for Artichokes Stuffed with Tuna
- Boil the bottoms in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Mash tuna with oil with a fork, mix with cut olives, garlic mashed through a press, and dry bread. Mix it all into a smooth mass.
- Stuff artichokes with this mass, set them on a baking tray. Pour half a teaspoon of oil into each artichoke.
- Bake at 340 degrees for about 20 minutes.