Rabbit liver is a nutritious and wholesome food. Actually, any liver is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamin A and iron in an easily digestible form. Here is our home recipe for a dietetic pate from rabbit liver and vegetables. It is an easy food that can be taken by anyone who takes care of their health. It is good for children, too.
If you prefer it to be not dietetic, just fry liver and vegetables instead of boiling them.
By the way, the rabbit liver, can be replaced with chicken livers.
Ingredients for Rabbit Liver Pate
- Rabbit liver: 400 gr.
- White onions: 2
- Fennel: 1 small bulb
- Carrot: 1
- Bay leaves: 2-3
- A few leaves of basil.
- Balsamic vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Cream cheese: 200 gr.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Rabbit Liver Pate
- Wash the liver and take out the veins. Clean the vegetables.
- Put everything in a pan, better put in whole pieces or large pieces. Pour in some water to cover it all up.
- Put in laurel leaf and boil until ready.
- When ready, throw away bay leaf, and take it all out of the broth. Let the water pour down and place in a blender.
- Make it into paste, with fresh basil leaves.
- Mix in cream cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. All should be added to taste.
- Serve Rabbit Liver Pate on crackers, on toasted baguette or any bread.