Do you want to have a healthy and full-bodied breakfast made in just two minutes? It is home-made muesli. It’s economical, being cheaper than store-bought muesli that is not always up to the level in quality. You can keep muesli for quite a while in a dry box in a cool place. Scoop out a few spoonfuls of muesli, pour a glass of milk or yoghurt over them in the morning and here is your tasty and wholesome breakfast. The ingredients and ratio given here are for one portion, and you can alter them according to your taste.
Ingredients for Muesli
- 4-5 tablespoons oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon raisin
- 2-3 dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon mixture of chopped nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almond)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
The Recipe for Muesli
- Dry nuts in the oven or on a dry frying pan. Peel them and cut up with a knife.
- Rinse raisin and dried apricots in cold water, let them dry. Cut dried apricots into small pieces.
- Mix oat flakes with dried apricots, raisin, nuts and sugar, and the muesli is ready.