This is a festive version of polenta, cereal made from corn flour. It is cooked with four kinds of cheese and comes out exquisite and appetizing. It can be eaten at once while still warm. And if you haven’t eaten it up at one go, you can always cut it into pieces, fry them until they get a nice crust and serve as a side dish to meat, fish or as a separate dish.
Ingredients for Four Cheese Polenta
- 2.2 lb corn flour
- 0.4 lb Gorgonzola
- 0.4 lb smoked Mozzarella
- 0.4 lb Emmental
- 0.4 lb Parmesan
Recipe for Four Cheese Polenta
- Grate all the cheeses, cut Gorgonzola into large pieces.
- Boil some water in a pan with a thick bottom.
- Pour in corn flour in a thin stream, stirring up constantly with a wooden spoon. Cook polenta according to the instructions on the package.
- When you have poured in all the flour, add all the cheeses, stirring incessantly, salt to taste and turn off the heat. In a minute turn polenta out onto a wide dish.
- Cut it into pieces and serve. You can garnish it with cherry tomatoes fried slightly in olive oil.