Squid bodies are hollow and it makes them very convenient for stuffing. Stuffing may be of any sort depending on your taste and wishes. We stuffed small squids with stewed napa cabbage, sweet pepper and mussels. We got quite a nourishing yet easy to digest dish because vegetables and seafood are always very tasty and healthy.
Ingredients for Stuffed Squids
- 4 small squids
- 2 lb unshelled mussels
- 2 sweet peppers
- 3-4 leaves napa cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves
- Several stalks parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and peel squids
- Cut the squid arms and tentacles off and chop them finely.
- Get mussels out of their shells and chop them finely. Strain leftover mussel water from the packaging for sauce.
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic until golden.
- Then add finely chopped parsley and after a minute add finely diced pepper.
- Simmer for about three minutes, stirring regularly, and then add finely chopped napa cabbage.
- Simmer for additional 3-4 minutes and then add mussel flesh, squid arms and tentacles, pour in mussel water.
- Add salt to taste and cook vegetables and seafoods for about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle over with breadcrumbs. Add enough breadcrumbs to get a thick stuffing, with no excessive moisture, to make stuffing easier.
- Then stuff the squids with this mixture and transfix each squid with a toothpick. Don’t put too much of the stuffing in, else the squids will burst when baking.
- Put the stuffed squids into a deep baking sheet.
- Heat an oven well in advance and put the baking sheet with squids in.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until nicely brown.