In fact, these are Sicilian cannoli. The only difference is that we baked the waffles in a waffle iron, but not rolls in boiling oil, as it is traditionally done in Sicily.
But the filling is exactly traditional – ricotta, candied fruit and chocolate.
We have and traditional recipe here – Sicilian cannoli
Ingredients for Sicilian Little Tubes with Cream
for the dough
- Flour: 250 gr.
- Warm water: 125 ml.
- Eggs: 2
- Butter: 125 gr.
- Sugar: 200 gr.
- A pinch of salt.
for the filling
- Ricotta: 300 gr.
- Candied fruit: 100 g.
- Chocolate chips: 100 gr.
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling.
- Candied cherries for decoration.
Recipe for Sicilian Little Tubes with Cream
- Bake the waffles on this Recipe waffle cones and fold them with a cylindrical form. The tubes should not be large, so take half a tablespoon of dough for each.
- Prepare the cream filling: whisk the ricotta and mix it with candied fruit and chocolate.
- Fill the little tubes with filling, and decorate them with cherries.
- You can use immediately or store in refrigerator.