Some sorts of valerian leaves are used in salads. They taste almost like the common leaf lettuce; maybe just a little richer. But there are much more healthy substances in valerian leaves than in other sorts of lettuce. For example, they are rich in vitamin C which we are always short of.
Ingredients for Salad with Valerian, Tomatoes and Cheese
- 0.1 lb valerian leaves
- 0.4 lb cherry tomatoes
- 0.2 lb any hard cheese
- 0.1 oz pignoli
- olive oil, salt
- Put valerian leaves into a colander and wash them well in running water. Spread them out on a paper towel to get off excessive moisture.
- Wash cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Chop cheese into thin wide slices.
- It is better to make this salad in portions. Put some valerian leaves, cut tomatoes, cheese on each plate.
- Top the salad with a handful of pignoli, salt and dress it with olive oil.