Red beet is well known as a very healthy vegetable. It improves hematoglobulin, cleanses blood from toxins and enhances the body’s tolerance. You can make a delicious salad from boiled red beet and walnuts. If you dress it with olive mayo that was not bought in a store, but made at home, the taste and health benefits of the salad will grow manifold. You can make the mayo according to this recipe – Homemade Mayo.
Ingredients for Salad with Red Beet and Nuts
- 1-2 boiled beets
- 2.2 lb walnut cores
- Olive mayo, salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- Grate the boiled and peeled beets largely.
- Mash a garlic clove.
- Cut the walnut cores with a knife roughly, or better even – break them with your hands. Roast the chopped nuts on a dry frying pan.
- Mix garlic, beet, mayo and nuts. Salt it to taste.
- Spread the salad on a plate in the form of a ring. Spread it with some more mayo and sprinkle with nuts. You can eat this salad at once.