Cauliflower with cheese is quick and easy to cook. The dish comes out juicy and delicious. Nutmeg, basil and parsley will add a special zest to the dish. The marriage of cheese and these pungent seasonings creates unique flavor and fabulous taste. Like all species from cabbage family, cauliflower is very healthy. Cauliflower dishes are considered to be dietary and very easy for digestion.
Ingredients for Simmered Cauliflower with Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6-8 slices any processed cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- A half of nutmeg
- Couple of basil leaves, parsley
- Olive oil as much as needed
- 2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Break cauliflower into buds.
- In a saucepan or large frying pan, sauté finely sliced garlic in olive oil.
- Add cauliflower buds and pour in a glass of water.
- Cover and simmer cauliflower until tender for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred parsley, basil, and grate nutmeg finely.
- Add the ingredients into the simmering cauliflower, stir well and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Dust with breadcrumbs, mix everything, simmer for 1 minute and add processed cheese.
- As soon as the cheese melts down, turn the heat off.
- Serve hot.