This is another Recipe Ossobuco . At this time we made it with mashed chickpeas, or hummus. Dish is delicious, with tender and juicy meat, satisfying and nutritious.
Great idea for a good lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for ossobuco with mashed chickpeas
- Veal Shank : 2 piece
- Red onions : 2
- Dry red wine 1 cup
- Olive oil : about 100 ml
- Flour for breading
- Beef broth (or water) : 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chickpeas : 1 cup
- For serving chopped parsley and garlic.
The recipe for ossobuco with mashed chickpeas
- Soak chickpeas in water the day before cooking. Then boil it until soft and turn into a puree, add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan pour oil, add chopped onions, simmer it about 15 minutes on low heat , allowing no burning . Onions must be transparent, soft and sweet.
- Scissor the skin surrounding the veal shank in several places for the meat not curl up during cooking..
- Roll in flour meat pieces and add them to the saucepan with the onions. Brown on both sides, then add wine.
- Let a little evaporated. Salt and pepper, add broth or water, balsamic vinegar .
- Cover and simmer for an hour on a very low heat.
- Serve ossobuco hot with mashed chickpeas , saucing generously. Sprinkle with parsley and garlic.