Orecchiette (ears) is fresh pasta from semola that is traditionally prepared in Puglia. It tastes like gnocchi, with soft and elastic texture.
Beautiful romanesco cabbage is cauliflower’s and broccoli cousin. It has a delicate texture and subtle sweetish taste.
Ingredients for Orecchiette with Romanesco
- Romanesco: 1.
- Orecchiette: 300 gr.
- Garlic: 2 cloves.
- Half a glass of dry white wine.
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Recipe for Orecchiette with Romanesco
- Boil the whole romanesco until half ready.
- Drain off the water and cut the florets only.
- Fry the garlic with olive oil in a skillet, add chopped romanesco florets and wine.
- Simmer for a few minutes to get a thick sauce, salt, pepper.
- Cook the orecchiette al dente and drain it.
- Put the pasta in the saucepan with romanesco.
- Stir energetically.
- Serve hot.