This recipe offers tender liver with a harmonious taste.
The cooking method is taken from the traditional Venetian recipe, but instead of vinegar we have taken red wine.
We think the liver gets a milder taste due to this. We recommend to try.
Ingredients for Liver Stewed with Wine and Onion
- Beef liver : 500-600 gr.
- Red onions : 3-4
- Dry red wine : about half a cup .
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil : 4-5 tbsp
- Balsamic cream for serve.
- Salt and pepper.
Recipe for Liver Stewed with Wine and Onion
- Cut the onions into half-rings.
- Pour some oil into a saucepan to cover the bottom. Put the onions inside, simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The onions should not burn. They should be soft and sweet .
- Pour the wine in, let it evaporate a little. Add the liver cut into medium pieces. Salt and pepper.
- The liver should not be cooked for too long, so stew it for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately hot, seasoned, if desired, with balsamic cream.