Fruit jellies with natural fruits are very healthy. There are endless variants of making it. Take any fruit and you’ll get tasty jelly. For example, juicy fragrant kiwi fruit and fresh mint go very well together. You can drizzle this jelly with melted chocolate. It will make a light, low-fat and exquisite dessert to be relished by your family. The gelatin package always carries cooking directions as to what quantity to take for so much water.
Ingredients for Jelly with Kiwi Fruit and Mint
- 5 kiwi fruit
- 1 fresh mint bunch
- 0.2 lb sugar
- 6-7 gelatin slices
- 0.7-0.8 pt water
- chocolate for garnishing
- Pour cold water over gelatin slices.
- Cut kiwi into slices.
- Pout water into a pot, add sugar and boil it.
- Dip kiwi slices into the boiling syrup for a minute or two. Take the parboiled kiwi slices out with a slotted spoon and spread them into forms. Turn the heat off.
- Squeeze the water from the gelatin and put it into the hot syrup. Stir it until the gelatin is fully absorbed.
- Then put largely cut mint leaves in the syrup and in a minute pour it into forms with kiwi slices.
- Place the forms in the fridge. When the jelly is set, dip the forms in hot water for a few seconds and turn them over. The jelly will slide off easily.
- Garnish it with melted chocolate and fresh mint.