Stracciatella Italian Gelato is one of the favorite treats. It’s a vanilla ice cream, enriched with tasty and crunchy chocolate chips.
The preparation of ice cream is quite simple.
The main thing is to have an ice cream maker, because mixing it manually during freezing, is very difficult. Although ice cream was prepared this way in the past, nowadays, this task has been greatly simplified thanks to technologies.
Ingredients for Stracciatella Gelato
- Milk: 250 ml.
- Fatty cream 35%: 500 ml.
- Vanilla pod.
- Sugar: 150 g.
- Dark chocolate or chocolate chips: 100-120 gr.
Recipe for Stracciatella Gelato
- Heat the milk with a sliced vanilla bean and sugar. Leave for 30 minutes, then drain and cool.
- Whip the cream, add the vanilla milk.
- Put the mixture into the ice cream maker. When it becomes cold enough, add finely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. Continue freezing according to the instruction ice cream maker.
- The soft ice cream can be eaten immediately, but if you want it solid, then leave it in the freezer for a couple of hours, for final freezing.