This is a dish that will be appreciated by everyone who is fond of eggplants and meat. You can stuff eggplants with home-made small sausages (that we prepare – the recipe Italian sausage from Alfredo), like we did, or with sausages from the store. Minced meat can also be used.
Ingredients for Eggplants Stuffed with Small Sausages
- 3 eggplants
- 6 small sausages
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 onions
- a stalk of celery
- olive oil, salt, pepper
Recipe for Eggplants Stuffed with Small Sausages
- Wash eggplants, cut them along into halves. Scoop out the pulp with a spoon, mince it with a knife.
- Sprinkle eggplant boats with oil, salt them and bake in the oven until semi-cooked.
- Chop onion, celery and carrot finely, add eggplant pulp and stew it on olive oil. Salt and pepper.
- Fry small sausages quickly on high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Put the sausages and the stewed veggies into the eggplant boats, bake in the oven at 356 degrees for 15 minutes.