Fall came, and pumpkins are in. It’s high time we tasted a delicious italian pie crostata (or in the French style – tart) from thin dough with a pumpkin and anchovy filling. This will turn out a gourmet treat even for those who are indifferent to pumpkin.
In Italy, there are a variety crostata with sweet or don’t sweet fillings. It is opened pies, which not difficult to do. They are good in that have little dough and lots of tasty fillings.
For the basics usually take shortbread, shortsrust or puff pastry.
Ingredients for Crostata with Pumpkin and Anchovy
Recipe for Crostata with Pumpkin and Anchovy
- Cut pumpkin into thin slices and sprinkle with oil.
- Cover the bottom of a baking tray with parchment.
- Roll the dough out thin and lay on the baking tray; cut the edges even.
- Put pumpkin slices on top of the rolled-out dough clear of the edges. Lay out anchovy fillet and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bend the edges, adorn them with dough cut-offs.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for about 40 minutes