Sweet rolls resembling sausage rolls in shape are loved by many people. It is popular not only in the countries of the former Soviet Union but in Italy as well. This goodie is easy to make. You can take any kind of nuts and the commonest kind of cookies. When you have no time to make a cake you can always fall back on a chocolate roll that will look good on a festive table.
Ingredients for Chocolate Roll
- 0.7 lb dry cookies
- 0.2 lb almond and pistachios
- 0.3 lb butter
- 0.2 lb black chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 0.2 pt milk
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 pack vanilla
Recipe for Chocolate Roll
- Break up cookies into medium-sized pieces. Add nuts.
- Mix sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and chocolate in a small pan. Bring the mixture to boil, add cognac and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl containing cookies and nuts and mix up well.
- Put the mixture on papillote and wrap up tightly, pressing it in on all sides. You’d do well to divide the mixture in two and make two rolls that will be easier to press.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours; the rolls will freeze up and will be easier to cut.