Chickpea dishes enjoy a great popularity in the Mediterranean countries. Chickpea is a tasty, yellow sort of Bengal large pea. Dishes with it are pleasing to the eye and the heart, they are warm and satiating. Chickpea has a slightly nutty taste and contains more nutrient materials than other leguminous crops. It goes perfectly well with beef, rosemary, carrots and onions in this simple and tasty dish.
Ingredients for Chickpea with Beef and Rosemary
- 1.3 lb beef
- 0.7 lb chickpea
- 1 carrot
- 2 onions
- 2 rosemary stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- some parsley stalks
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Soak chickpea beforehand with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- The next day rinse it well in running water several times and then boil until soft.
- Pour olive oil into a big pan with a thick bottom and fry chopped onions.
- Add coarsely diced carrot and fry it with the onions for about three minutes.
- After that put in beef cut into slices of medium thickness and fry the beef over strong heat. Turn the meat over constantly so that its juice is captured inside.
- Then pour in water so that it comes 0.8 over the meat. Add rosemary stalks. Cover and stew the meat for about 20 minutes. Then add the boiled chickpea. Add some water if needed, salt and pepper and continue stewing for about 20 minutes more. The dish is ready when the meat gets soft.
- Turn the heat off and add chopped garlic into the pan. Mix it in, cover and let stand for about 10 minutes. Eat the dish hot, dressed with the rich sauce and garnished with chopped parsley.