Angler has got no scale and very few bones. The fish is far from beautiful, what with its huge head, but it’s rather tasty. Angler is popular in France, Spain and Italy. In stores you can usually find bodies with heads cut off.
Ingredients for Angler in Sauce
- 2.0 lb angler’s tails
- 1 white onion
- a few stalks parsley
- 3 cm ginger
- 0.25 pt white dry wine
- 0.42 pt water
- olive oil, sea salt, pepper
- flour for coating
How to Cook Angler in Onion and Ginger Sauce
- Pour 3 tablespoonfuls of oil into a roasting pan. Chop onion finely and fry it a little, then add grated ginger and chopped parsley. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in water and half a glass of wine. Salt, pepper and stew the sauce on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan. Roll the fish over in flour and fry quickly on high heat.
- After that put the fish into the sauce and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.