You can make a wonderful starter with a herring. All you have to do is to stuff herring fillet with boiled vegetables.
You get a rich, delicious and appetizing-looking dish that will appeal to most every appetite.
Moreover, eating fatty fish (and herring is considered a fatty fish) at least once a week significantly lowers the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Fatty acids contained in herring break down harmful substances that support the development of AD.
The combination of herring with vegetables and smoked cheese is something really worth trying.
Ingredients for Herring Rolls
2 pickled herrings
1 medium beet
300 g smoked cheese
3-4 parsley stalks
200 g black olives
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon juice of a half lemon
Salt to taste
Recipe of Herring Rolls
- Boil carrot and beet.
- Make hard-boiled eggs.
- Clean herrings, remove their skin and bones and cut each lengthwise.
- Cut the fillets lengthwise to get 8 long fillet slices.
- Roll up each slice into a tube shape and fix with toothpicks.
- Thinly slice smoked cheese and put fillet tubes on them.
- Finely dice carrot, beet, eggs and onion.
- Add salt, pour lemon juice in, dress with olive oil and mix everything well.
- Carefully stuff the fillet tubes with the mixture.
- Put olives on each toothpick.
- Garnish with tomatoes, parsley and olives.