We posted earlier Gnoccetti recipe with shrimp. This time we’ve decided to try another Italian recipe – gnoccetti simmered in anchovy sauce. We bought fresh fatty anchovies with a fantastic taste. Like all other fishes belonging to Scombridae family, anchovy is very healthy. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that reduce blood cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases. That’s why fish dishes are so healthy. This recipe doesn’t feature spices, so people with digestive problems can also eat it. Enjoy its delicate, pleasant taste and flavor.
Ingredients for Gnoccetti in Anchovy Sauce
- 8-10 fresh anchovies
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 300 g potato gnoccetti
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon white dry wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- Several parsley stalks
- Olive oil
- Chop garlic cloves.
- Peel the carrot and cut in into thin slices.
- Dice zucchini and tomatoes finely.
- Shred parsley and onion.
- Wash and gut anchovies.
- Drop anchovies into a pot filled with 2 glasses of water and boil for 5 minutes. Then strain the stock into a bowl.
- Cut anchovies in half, removing bones and heads.
- Now pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Then stir in parsley, zucchini, carrot, tomatoes, 5-6 mashed anchovies, add salt and wine.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Uncover, increase the heat, pour in anchovy stock and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Drop gnoccetti into the sauce and simmer everything together for about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve in portions, garnishing with parsley, tomatoes and zucchini and top with halves of whole anchovies.