Everybody loves homemade patties. They are rich and nourishing.
It is best to use fresh meat cuts, necks for example. Necks are soft and tender.
It is advisable to mix ground pork and beef together, as they work well with each other. It is healthier this way as you get more vitamins, minerals and protein.
These patties are great for holiday meals, with or without garnish.
You can garnish your dish with pickled vegetables and serve it with a spicy tomato sauce or just with mustard.
Make sure you use grinder plate for medium grinds. Ground meat should not be paste-like.
You can add to the ground meat anything you like: onion, garlic, spices, or greens. It’s up to your taste.
Ingredients for Patty
½ kg (1,1 lbs) pork
½ kg (1,1 lbs) beef
3 garlic cloves
A few fennel stalks
Black pepper to taste
Salt and spices to taste
3 tablespoons cream
Chunk of white bread, soaked in milk
Breadcrumbs or flour.
Recipe of Patties
- Rinse the meat and cut it into medium pieces.
- Grind meat with onion, garlic and fennel.
- Add salt, pepper, spices for meat to taste.
- Fold in the eggs.
- Mash milk soaked bread and add cold cream.
- Blend all ingredients and stir well.
- Form the ground meat into patties; roll in breadcrumbs or in flour and fry over medium heat.
- Patties are ready when they become golden brown. When pressed their juice should run clear.
- Serve the patties hot with garnish, or cold with various vegetables.