This is a very spicy stew, which warms the heart, inspires the soul, awakens passion, and makes the blood run faster in veins and arteries.
The exact origin of chili is still veiled in mystery. One of the chefs, who cooked for the Cowboys, could have run out of black pepper. In search of a replacement, he might have come across red chili pepper, which was common among the Indians and Mexicans in the territory which now belongs to West Texas.
If you cannot eat too peppered food, adjust the taste of the dish to your likes. You can add just a little pepper.
Eat chili con carne with tortillas and triangular corn chips.
Ingredients for Chili con Carne
- Minced beef: 400-500 gr.
- Onion: 1-2
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves.
- Boiled dark red kidney beans (canned is possible): 400 gr.
- Puree tomatoes (passata): 400 gr.
- Sweet pepper: 1-2 (depending from size)
- Boiled corn (canned): 100 gr.
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tbsp (optional)
- Olive oil 3-4 tbsp
- Chili pepper and spices for chili con carne (cumin, oregano, paprika, or buy ready-mix): to taste.
- A glass of water.
Recipe for Chili con Carne
- Fry chopped onions and garlic in a skillet with oil.
- Add minced beef and fry it, stirring and breaking the lumps.
- Then add kidney beans and sweet peppers.
- Add tomatoes, corn, all the spices and seasonings. Pour water.
- Simmer chili con carne on low heat 30-40 min.
- Serve hot.